Friday, October 13, 2006

Career Blog

I chose Costume design which was in the Arts and Music category. I looked at the interview with Charlotte. At the beginning a person will typically make up to 10 thousand dollars a year, this is as a student in design school, then working in theatre you can make from 15 to 35 thousand a year and finally as a design shop owner you can make up to 40 thousand dollars.
A day will typically last from 8:30-7:30, with and hour for lunch and a half an hour for dinner. In order to do this job and enjoy it you must like history, since many plays or films involve the past, whether it be 10 years ago or 100 years ago. Also you must enjoy and be good at drawing, and you must be a creative person, also you should know how to design and make clothing. You should probably also be a patient person since I would imagine that there would be a lot of nit-picky details to look after.

I think I would enjoy this job because I love history and I am a creative person, this incorporates the two very well, I have actually thought about this career in the past. What I wouldn’t enjoy so much about it would be the long hours possibly in front of a sewing machine. What I know I would love about it would be creating and reviving a whole new world for a movie or a play.

The NOC code for creative design is 524

The job prospects for this career are “fair” because there has been an increase of people in this field despite the lack of job opportunities in 2001. The hourly wages are $16.77 which is very close to the average hourly wage and right now the amount of job opportunities is equal to the number of workers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home