Tuesday, September 19, 2006

New Kids Toys

I don't know if I can do a blog entry on an advertisment or not, but here it goes:
I saw this add on Teletoon at around 6:40 pm on September 19th 2006

I was watching tv and there was an advertisment for a new Barbie doll. She comes with a dog, the exciting part of this toy is that you are able to take the dog for "walks" and then pick up it after is has gone to the bathroom.
The second advertisment I saw, along the same lines as the last, was for a doll which is supposed to be extremely real, so real that she goes to the bathroom and then you can change her diaper.
I don't know about you, but I find this really weird. I do not see the appeal in having a toy where you can clean up after it. Maybe this is a ploy to teach children responsability or maybe they are running out of ideas for new toys, I don't know. I guess it is sort of impressive that they can build toys now that can eat and then dispense of their waste in a realistic way, but honestly, who wants to "play" at cleaning up diapers and dog poo for fun!? Not me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home